Sunday, November 22, 2009

Good Training

Woke up again tired today, doesn't help that Jay woke up at 5.20am. So I wanted to get in 1 more workout before my surgery tomorrow even though I really didn't feel like it and had no motivation again. Dragged my butt to the gym and decided I wasn't going to stick to my program and seeing it would only be for 1 day and I won't be training again for 6 weeks I decided to do a full body workout and would just decide what to do when I got to gym aslong as I did an hour. So I warmed up on the bike for 5 mins, then did:
3 x 20 walking lunges on each leg with 4 kg superset with 3 x 20 shoulder presses
3 x 20 tricep rope pulldowns superset with 3 x 20 bicep curls
3 x 15 smith machine chest press superset with 3 x 20 db squats
3 x 20 seated row superset with 3 x 20 crunches
3 x 20 bb deadlifts superset with 3 x 20 machines crunches
10 mins bike
So I think I covered everything and acheived what I set out to do. The good thing was it had my heart rate up so I would have burnt more calories, and it was nice to do the lighter weights with higher reps rather than the lower reps heavy weights I have been doing. It was nice also to walk out the gym feeling like I have worked out but not feeling like I have killed myself.
The other thing I noticed was I did the deadlifts with a 22.5kg barbell and I could actually feel it working. So why then when I use the squat rack barbell loaded with 20kg (I think total it is 4okg) and it is heavy, do I not feel it so much?

So wish me luck for surgery tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you have been training! What a beautiful family photo. I hope the surgery goes well, looks like you will have to go shopping soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan, I can't wait until I am feeling better to go shopping! I can't believe how quick time has gone and you have another beautiful addition to your family!

    ReplyDelete