Monday, June 1, 2009

Rethinking training

Thanks girls for your comments.  I did manage to get to the gym today and did legs and I even did a couple of PB's which is surprising seeing as I'm sick but I must admist by the end of the workout I was starting to feel faint so rather than do my 20 min power walk on the treddie I rode the bike.  I know I shouldn't have gone but I really do feel much better and I will listen to my body and if I start to go down hill again will give it a rest.  I just can't seem to live without doing something and walking just doesn't seem enough, plus for some reason at the moment I can't help having something bad every day like chocolate.  Why just a few weeks ago could I stick to a regimented comp like diet for 10 weeks and now I just can't get my head around it.  Must be the fact of being sick and the kids, its damn hard work trying to fit everything in.

Anyway I was thinking about my training today and I train with weights 6 days a week, that's one body part per day, plus 30 mins cardio (powerwalking), that's 10 mins before workout and 20 mins after.  I'm thinking is this really necessary.  I love spin classes and with this sort of schedule I can't do any because I can't really be at the gym longer than an hour with 2 small kids and to be honest I don't really want to.  So either I need to come up with something where I get good results training with weights 3 times a week with 3 days of cardio and 1 rest day.  I'm not training for a comp however yes I want to look good and have some muscle definition.  I was also contemplating whether I should renew my gym membership at the end of the year or just build on my home gym or go completely the other way and get rid of the weight machine thingy I have at home and get a pilates reformer I have seen some girls who are pilates instructors who never go to the gym and they have fab looking bods.

2 comments:

  1. You have to do what makes YOU happy! Are you still with Tony? If so, ask him! He will definitely help you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I'm not with Tony there is only so much money I can fork out at a time although I wish I still was. I love the fact I didn't have to think about my training or food and it was all written down for me. It's strange I have gone back to Tony's workout from day 1 but just can't seem to get back into the whole swing of things, maybe its because I do need a change?

    ReplyDelete