Friday, May 29, 2009

Galandular fever

Great!  Haven't trained for a week.  Blood tests show galandular fever and another virus which is also similar to galaendur fever.  How do we fix this?  Rest.  Yeah right!!  I have had enough this week of being sick.  My sore throat has just gone after a week but today I had the worst day of being tired and achy joints.  I seriously hope I start to feel better on Monday as I need to get back into some sort of exercise.  Doc reckons I need at least 2 weeks no gym.  I have been eating crap to as I have not been up to organising food and cooking.  Damn it.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that! I had Glandular Fever at uni - went to numerous Dr's who fobbed me off saying it was just a virus, ended up in hospital for 12 days....after that I wasn't allowed to drink for a whole yr as my liver was damaged. I also had chronic fatigue for a year...LISTEN to your Dr about the resting up - sleep as much as you can, you'll need to & don't feel guilty about it. Do some exercise, but don't push it. I really feel for you, it's horrible. Hang in there :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I am thinking the worst of it is over as today I have been feeling rather good. I will go back to gym tomorrow and see how I go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mate - i've not been great either - but REST is the key for glandular fever!! I'm re-thinking my training - health comes first!!!!

    Take it easy x

    ReplyDelete