Saturday, June 5, 2010

Gosh has it been that long

I can't believe its been so long since i posted.  Well I was going great with the primal blueprint and lost 2 kilos, my stomach was flatter and I felt great and even got comments at the gyms about my abs but somewhere along the line I got lost and started to listen too much to people who are negative about this way of living and fell back into the convential way of living again, not that I do each much carbs or grains but none the less it comes down to just reading too much, gaining too much knowledge and not sticking with one way of eating, chopping and changing my ideas of what I believe the right and wrong way to eat is. So without even being bad on my diet I have gained back the 2 kgs nearly 3kg in fact and I am just getting sick and tired of having what I call too much knowledge.  Going back 10 years ago when I didn't worry so much about my diet and ate healthy but what I wanted as I didn't worry about the protein, carb, fat ratio, I was slim and lean so it really bugs me that I am constantly thinking about what I am eating and whether its right or wrong,  Somewhere along the line I got caught up too much about food and I just can't seem to let this obsession go.  Maybe it has something to do with getting older and having to work even harder at it.  Don't know, but anyhow the same goes with the gym and I have decided in the next week or so I am going to change my program around and do something I have never done and that is whole body training, so instead of one body part per day I am going to do the whole body 2 days a week and one core session once a week and the rest cardio.  I do feel I am burnt out, but want to keep exercising but just want to do something a bit different.  I am also going to write out a plan so I can stick to it without having to make it hard or worry about what I eat, and then in a few months time I am going to go back to the primal way of eating again.  I can't wait to get my primal cook book!

1 comment:

  1. I know that burnt out feeling well!
    I have alsos had trouble with illness so lost momentum.
    I hope everything starts to fall into place for you hun :-)
    Em :-)

    ReplyDelete