Thursday, April 9, 2009

Stomach issues

I feel like I am falling to pieces.  Maybe I trained too hard after giving birth.  Not only am I still having knee issues (I think I may go to the doctor and get a scan because if he tells me just to rest well that aint going to happen unless I have some definite diagnosis) this last week I am having stomach issues.  I am wondering if maybe I have an allergy to something.  I feel ok until I eat my oats in the morning and then I get stomach pains and feel like I have a bubbly tummy until the afternoon.  Yesterday we went out for lunch and I had a beautiful salad but it came with some flat sort of bread and I ate that and had the same sort of thing after.  Is it a bug? or is it something in oats and bread? hmmm, may have something different for breakfast tomorrow and see what happens.  Incidently I was ok after eating tea last night, we had a chicken done on the bbq and roast veggies??????

4 comments:

  1. How old is your bub? I found out the hard way that you need to be careful with training after giving birth. I waited the 'recommended' 6 weeks after I had my daughter to do 'heavier' weights (about 70-80% of what I used to do) and I found that my ligaments just didn't feel right. I started feeling better, so I kept going but ended up doing something really bizarre to my tailbone area (either from deadlifts or rowing) It turned out to be soft tissue damage somewhere deep in the pelvis/tailbone area. I still have probs with it now, but doesn't stop me so long as I'm careful. I found out that it was probably because I was breastfeeding that my ligaments stayed softer for longer (the relaxin hangs around & causes this). It took me a good 8 months to feel back to my old strength & I trained right through to the birth & straight after! I am still b/feeding but I can tell that my ligaments are stronger, so I feel confident to go heavy again. Sorry for the long post, but your knee probs sounded familiar! Hope it gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pics are BEAUTIFUL!!! It could be that you are allergic to wheat or something. You will have to experiment. Cut it out for a few days and see how you feel and then add it back in and see how you feel. I SO feel you on the knee pain. I don't have any when I'm NOT working out, then as soon as I get back into it, here it comes! I think we need to be a little more gentle to our wonderful bodies and LISTEN to them. GOOD LUCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, bubs is 5 months old. I hate how pregnancy has changed my body. My abs are still separated and never closed after the first one.

    Hi Evelyne, yes I will experiement, I just don't know what's going on and I think I will have a scan on my knees as I still have a long life ahead of me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you have an intolerance to something hun?
    My mum cant eat white bread or oats it makes her sick for a whole day if she slips up.
    Hope you sort out what it is hun :)
    Keep up the good work hun.
    Em:)

    ReplyDelete