Friday, March 26, 2010

I'm back!

So I had a brilliant holiday away.  It was extremely hot so we didn't really do much other than take the kids swimming and going out for lunch, we did do a few things like check out chinatown, the japanese cemetary, the wharf, driving around, the mango place, matso's brewery but really it was just too warm to keep taking the kids out.

It was good to get out of the routine and I did no training while I was away and because of that didn't really eat much at all, other than brekkie, lots of fruit and mainly salads when we went out.  A couple of beers here and there and I didn't put on any weight.

I did read an awesome book though, the Primal Blueprint and I thoroughly recommend this to anyone.  It has completly changed my way of thinking about how I eat and excercise.  I started this new way of living on Monday and have already lost a kilo and just like the book says it was effortless.  It's very similiar to the paleo diet and for me the biggest challenge is getting my head around eating full fat this and that but I have been and its nice not to have to think about eating or when I am going to eat and most days I only need 3 meals a day which is huge when you consider I used to "HAVE" to eat 6 times a day.  I kind of feel liberated.  I wasn't sure it was going to work but it does and it fits in nicely with my family.  I haven't had any cravings, haven't been hungry, have been energised for my workouts and if I am not hungry I "DON'T" have to eat! Anyway check it out for yourselves.  I went out for lunch today and ordered some lemon pesto prawns with salad and I didn't have to worry that it was cooked in butter as that is ok on this program, besides it wasn't like it was dripping with butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment